Types of KONGS
- Pale pink or pale blue are for your puppy.
- Purple ones are designed for your senior dog.
Both of these KONGS are a bit softer with more flex behind them, to
be gentle on young or aging mouths.
- Red are the classic original KONG for the general chewer. The are definitely tougher than the puppy or senior dog kongs but are designed with the average dog in mind.
- Black are called extreme and are a tougher strength rubber designed for a more intense chewer. These KONGS aren’t indestructible but definitely more heavy duty then the classic.
- Blue KONGS are generally veterinary exclusive and are designed for most levels of chewer.
The Special Feature of the Blue KONG
The puppy, senior, classic and extreme kongs if ingested will not show up on xray – HOWEVER the blue veterinary exclusive are designed specially to be radio-opaque, meaning that if ingested the pieces will be visible upon xray. This is wonderful news from our perspective and we now have a selection of all available sizes in clinic. For more information on the benefits of the KONG, come on in, we would love to assist you!